Back to Google Hit Hider main page
Manage Block Lists in Google Hit Hider by Domain
Managing Your Block List(s)
The management pane shows your regular blocks and Perma-bans on separate tabs. To move a domain between the lists, or to remove it from a list, click the domain to cycle through your options. When you're ready to complete your edits, click Save Lists to purge the domains marked for deletion. All changes on both lists are saved at the same time, so you might want to click back and forth between the Block and Perma-ban tabs to review your changes before saving. There is NO undo.
List Management Utilities
Click the List Util button to display additional commands for working with your block list.
- Export displays a copy of your block list in a form you can copy and paste, so you can back it up, copy it to another computer, or send it to a friend. (Can't guarantee it will pass through a spam filter!). Screen shot #16:
- Import attempts to add domains to your block list. So that you can recover from possible list corruption, please use the Export feature to retrieve your current list so you can back it up in a document. Screen shot #17:
- Sort alphabetizes your block list. To keep your lists sorted automatically as you add domains, visit the Options tab and adjust the first setting.
- De-Duplicate removes unnecessary domains from your block list. Probably most useful after an import, especially if you test by importing a copy of your current list.
- Un-www removes the www from the beginnings of domains on your block list so they match all subdomains (e.g., www, blog, etc.). After this, you might want to de-duplicate. Note: In the unlikely event that you have blocked www.com (or www.jp, etc.), the Un-www feature will render those listings useless; if you blocked a domain similar to www.com.mx, then using Un-www may result in other com.mx sites being blocked. Hopefully this can be fixed in a future version.
Please link to this page instead of re-posting it.
Copyright © 2016. Jefferson Scher. All Rights Reserved.